Here at Lady Bird Dental in Austin, TX, your smile is our passion, and your vision is our mission. Everyone wants a perfect smile, but for many patients, there is something standing in the way. Whether it be coffee stains, a chipped tooth, disproportionate teeth, or anything beyond and in between, there is nothing that we can’t resolve with the help of dental cosmetics! If you are interested in discovering a new you, a new smile, and a new level of confidence, then please read on to learn more about cosmetic dentistry.
The Impact of Smile Aesthetics
The appearance of your smile is something that has a great impact on your life. Whether or not you may realize it, smiles are a key feature of first impressions and social interactions. While it may be easy to overlook the practice of oral cosmetics as a mere waste of time and money, in reality, having a nice smile can greatly improve your self-esteem and the way that others perceive you. Most importantly, it can change the way you perceive yourself.
When you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, you may find yourself avoiding social interactions, photos, and anything else that would require you to show your teeth. Putting forth this effort to hide such a beautiful form of self-expression is not only tiring, but it can also be quite detrimental to your mental health. A smile is a natural way to boost your mood and the moods of those around you, so why not give yourself the gift of a smile that you love?
A world without smiles is a world without happiness, and that is something that we here at Lady Bird Dental are not willing to accept. We want to help you love your smile, and we have the perfect solutions for you listed below. Whether you are seeking a subtle change or dramatic transformation, we promise to deliver the results you desire.
One of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures is teeth whitening—and it is easy to see why! A brighter smile is a fresher smile, and this simple procedure can remove years of staining and discoloration from your teeth. Teeth naturally yellow with age, but they can also be stained by coffee, tea, tobacco products, and many foods. If you are unhappy with the color of your teeth, then teeth whitening may be the perfect solution for you.
At Lady Bird Dental, we offer both in-office and at-home teething whitening services.
- Our in-office service is a great option for those who want immediate results. In just one visit, your teeth will be significantly brighter—up to eight shades! This service is performed by our highly trained and experienced dental professionals, so you can be sure that you are in good hands.
- Our at-home teeth whitening service is a great option for those who want to achieve brighter teeth gradually or who want to touch up their smile in between dental visits. This service involves making custom-fit whitening trays and providing you with a powerful whitening gel. You will then use the trays and gel at home according to our instructions. With consistent use, you will see a gradual lightening of your teeth over time.
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth to conceal imperfections. Veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because they are so versatile in their abilities. They can be effectively used in a wide variety of dental concerns—such as:
- Discoloration or staining that cannot be resolved with teeth whitening
- Chips or cracks in the teeth
- Misaligned, gapped, or crowded teeth
- Worn down or misshapen teeth
Porcelain veneers are durable and long-lasting, and their results can offer anything between a subtle and natural enhancement or a dramatic Hollywood transformation in as little as two appointments.
Bonding & Contouring
Bonding and contouring are two simple yet effective cosmetic dental procedures that can be used to address a number of aesthetic concerns.
- Bonding is a procedure in which tooth-colored composite resin is applied to the teeth and then hardened with a special light. This composite resin can be used to fill in gaps, chips, and cracks in the teeth, as well as to change the shape or color of the teeth.
- Contouring, on the other hand, is a procedure in which the teeth are actually reshaped through the removal of small amounts of enamel. This can be used to correct minor imperfections in the teeth, such as chips and uneven edges.
Both bonding and contouring are minimally invasive procedures that can be completed in just one appointment. They are also relatively affordable cosmetic dental options, making them a great choice for patients who are seeking a quick and cost-effective way to improve their smile.
A smile makeover is a comprehensive approach to achieving the smile of your dreams. This involves an in-depth consultation with our team to discuss your goals and concerns. We will then develop a personalized treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs. Depending on your goals, your smile makeover may involve a combination of the above-mentioned cosmetic dental procedures.