What does the perfect smile look like to you? Is it naturally white and stain-free, bright and impressive, or dramatically stunning and sparkling? Regardless of how you envision it, your idea of the perfect smile almost certainly features teeth that are in alignment. When discussing smile aesthetics, patients often think of cosmetic procedures first, but orthodontics also contributes significantly to smile appearance—and so much more!
At Lady Bird Dental, we partner with patients to identify their idea of the perfect smile, then we bring that vision to life through a combination of our expertise, modern technology, and world-renowned methods that deliver proven results—like Invisalign.
What is Invisalign®?
First things first: what is Invisalign? Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear, custom-made aligners to gradually and gently shift teeth into the desired position. Unlike metal braces, which are noticeable and often require special care and diet restrictions, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, making them a popular choice for patients who want to improve their smile discreetly.
The Invisalign® Process
Your Invisalign journey starts right here in our Austin, TX office! We’ll conduct a comprehensive evaluation to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you and develop a personalized treatment plan. Using iTero technology, we’ll take 3D scans of your mouth to create a virtual model of your teeth, which we’ll use to map out the precise movements of your teeth during treatment.
Once we’ve finalized your treatment plan, your custom-made Invisalign aligners will be created. You’ll wear each set of aligners for about two weeks before moving on to the next in the series. As you progress through treatment, you’ll notice your teeth gradually shifting into alignment. Periodic check-ins at our office will ensure that your treatment is progressing according to your plan schedule. Usually, patients can expect to complete treatment within six to twelve months.
Benefits of Invisalign®
In addition to being virtually invisible, Invisalign aligners offer a number of other benefits that make them an attractive treatment option for our patients. Here are just a few reasons to consider Invisalign:
- Invisalign is comfortable to wear. There are no brackets or wires to irritate your gums and cheeks, and since the aligners are made of smooth plastic, they’re non-abrasive and gentle on your teeth and gum tissue.
- Invisalign is convenient. You can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush, and floss without having to work around brackets and wires. This makes it easy to keep your teeth and gums clean throughout treatment.
- Invisalign is easy to care for. There’s no need for special cleaning equipment or products—just brush and floss as usual.
- Invisalign is an effective treatment option. Invisalign has been proven to be an effective treatment for a wide variety of orthodontic issues.
If you’re considering Invisalign treatment, we invite you to schedule a consultation at our Austin, TX office. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and help you decide if Invisalign is right for you. Call us today!
Am I A Candidate?
Invisalign is a great option for patients who are looking to discreetly and effectively align their teeth. However, Invisalign is not right for every patient. During your initial consultation, we’ll conduct a thorough evaluation to determine if Invisalign is the best treatment option for you. In general, patients who are good candidates for Invisalign treatment:
- Are over the age of 18
- Have healthy teeth and gums
- Have mild to moderate misalignment
- Have good oral hygiene habits
- Are committed to wearing their aligners as prescribed
If you have severe misalignment, you may require a more traditional treatment option, such as metal braces. However, we’ll work with you to find the best treatment option to help you achieve your desired results.